Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud: Backup fails with warning "Not enough memory"
Backup fails with a warning: Not enough memory
Reasons may wary. Requires troubleshooting on the Agent machine.
- Open Windows event logs (Start -> in Search, type eventvwr.exe and press Enter) and navigate to Windows Logs -> System
- Filter by "Warning" and event source "Resource-Exhaustion-Detector"
- Locate the event (id 2004) that occurred during the backup and check the event contents:
We recommend 1 GB RAM for 1 TB of archive size.
- If the highest consumption is by service_process.exe, mms.exe or other Acronis process (act.exe, aakore.exe, etc.) and it exceeds the recommended RAM - escalate to Acronis support.
- If the highest consumption is by service_process.exe and it's below the recommended RAM - check the available RAM, increase it, or lighten the load on the system
- If the highest usage is not by Acronis service - address the high usage issue based on which service reports it or increase RAM
Error "Not enough memory" during agentless VM backup is usually caused by insufficient RAM on Virtual Appliance: about 1 GB RAM per 1 TB of archive size is required for proper backup operation. Increase RAM on the Virtual Appliance to resolve the issue.
Acronis Cyber Protect Self Installation
Received activation email but not sure what to do next? We are here to help. Please follow these steps. Step 1 – Activating and Accessing your Acronis Console Your activation email should look like this. Click on “Activate account”. Now you ...
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud: Registering backup agent manually
Symptoms You have successfully installed an Acronis Backup Agent, but registration failed and machine does not appear in Cyber Protection console. Or you need to re-register a client machine to another Backup Account. Solution Use this method to ...
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud: Resumable Backup technology
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud uses Resumable Backup technology which reduces network load and therefore enhances backup performance. Resumable Backup means that in case of a backup failure data upload will be resumed, i.e.: data, which was transferred ...
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, Acronis Cyber Backup: Activity fails with Windows error: (0x80070570) The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable
Symptoms Activity (backup, validation, etc) fails with the following error: Windows error: (0x80070570) The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable HideExample of full error log: click to expand Error code: 2064 Module: 23 LineInfo: ...
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud - Implementation Guide
1. Which agent do I need? Selecting an agent depends on what you are going to back up. The table below summarizes the information, to help you decide. In Windows, Agent for Exchange, Agent for SQL, Agent for Active Directory, and Agent for Oracle ...